Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Kids Say the Cutest Things

As we were tucking the boys in tonight, I overheard the cutest conversation between Ryan and Brody~
Ryan was changing into his "comfys" when Brody said:

"Daddy, what are you doing?"

Ryan replied back "changing into my comfys buddy."

Brody says " But daddy those are your work pants, you can't wear those!"

"Well then, Im going to work" said Ryan

"But Daddy, your a Doctor and you have a cut on your belly . . . Doctors are not supposed to have cuts on their bellies daddy, why do you have cut on your belly?" Brody said with great concern.

Ryan replies " Well son, sometimes it's just not fair, lifes just not fair. Someday Brody when you get bigger, I want you to become a Doctor so you can find a cure for my cancer. That way no Dr or nurse or any other person will ever have a cut on their belly like this."

Brody quickly said "okay daddy I will be a Dr when I get big, and find out how to kill your bugs!"

8 comments:

  1. hi guys I was reading in the book of Isaiah and I thought you my be interested.
    Isaiah 12 says the Lord is my strenght and my song, this is the praise in our heart for the good things he has blessed us with,like our kids and the ones we love. He has also gave us healing in our bodies ,mind and spirit Isaiah 53:4,5 I love ya all your Uncle
    Rick

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tell Brody he makes Auntie cry. I miss him SOOOOOOO much and love him even more. They get to stay the night w/me when you get back. I love you all and I too hope we can kill all those bugs! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey guys:
    Just a note to let you know I think of you often and know that positive energy is always on its way in your direction,

    Namaste!

    Pat

    ReplyDelete
  4. Precious! That just brought tears to my eyes. Hope all is well, it is great to hear how things are going. See you guys back home soon.

    ReplyDelete
  5. *grabbing the box of kleenex* WOW! I read this three times and cried each time! You two are so strong...and your handsome boys are so brave...to be across the country fighting this. Take care and hurry home!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cute, cute cute....What a caring sweet boy!! But you and we already knew that, lucky people! Your postive attitudes and happy spirits are infectious, we know you all will win and the world will be a better place for it!!! Continue to get good news, sharing it with us and Feb. is just around the corner..........See you all soon!! KK (Loves to the little boogers!!)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow...Kids do see everything in a different light and we should listen to them more often. Knowing Brody, he will grow up to be a doctor and accomplish miraculous things! Much love to you guys and wishing you were home! Can't wait to see you all! Tanya

    ReplyDelete
  8. I can't even imagine all that you guys are going through.. you are in my prayers..

    ReplyDelete