Saturday, March 27, 2010

Round 1 completed

Ryan has completed round 1 of his chemo. He has had good days and bad, but overall has done better than expected. Yesterday he got out of the house to take a drive with his mom and the kids. He didn't do so well on the drive so we ended up going in yesterday for fluids and change in his anti-nausea medications. His Dr is hopeful that next week will be better and he will be able to resume some of his regular activities.

Today he is doing well so we are looking forward to spending some time in the backyard catching up on yard work. Hopefully spending some time in the sunshine relaxing in his favorite camping chair supervising will be just what he needs to jump start a great week. :)
We made a deal that I would be in charge of all yard work-JUST THIS YEAR- but next year it's returns to being his baby!! He laughed and agreed.

We have all learned that laughter is the best medicine and helps us get through the bad days. I am so thankful for the wonderful man that he is and how strong he has been through all of this. We continue to appreciate each and every one of you everyday and talk about how lucky we are to have such wonderful friends and family to lean on.

April 13th is the day to starts the next round! We have had lots of questions and hesitations about visitors and want you all to know that we welcome visitss and calls anytime. We all enjoy the company, so come ANYTIME. The only stipulation is no sickies! :):)

Love to you All!

4 comments:

  1. Bless you all for the strength you have. I think of you all each and every day. If I don't come visit, please don't be offended. I am around too many illnesses at work. Don't want to bring one with me. Just know that my heart and support is with you. Love to you all
    Anna

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ashley I know you can do the yard work with grace just as you conduct your live every day with grace. Ryan, again if I can be of any help to you for transportation, nursing, conversation I will be there. I will stop by for hugs!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. We think of you every day. We are always up for having dinner with you all, didn't want to intrude! But if you are ok with having company tell me what night works for you! Even tonight if you want!! :-) Love you guys....Mike & Robin:-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. How is it going??

    ReplyDelete