Thursday, August 26, 2010

Ryan

Our sweet Ryan is working on completing his fight. He is comfortable, pain free and has said his goodbyes. Our boys have been here with us talking with their daddy and have been so strong. Brody has his first day of kindergarten tomorrow and this was a very important day for his Dad. I believe that he will see that through and then begin to find our spot in the mountains in Heaven. Ryans family is here with us and are doing well. They have been so stong as well. Thank you all for your love and support, you have all made such a difference in this journey. Please know that today, we are all at peace and know that Ryan will continue to teach us. We will see him "Just around the corner". All is well. I am following this with his favorite reading.


-Ashley



**Death is nothing at all. I have only slipped away into the next room. I am. I and you are whatever we were to eachother, that we still are. Call me by my old familiar name. Speak to me in the easy way which you always used to. Put no difference in your tone; wear no forced air of solemnity or sorrow. Laugh as we always laughed at the little jokes we enjoyed together pray, smile, think of me, pray for me. Let my name be ever the household word that it always was. Let it be spoken without effort without the trace of a shadow in it. Life means all that it ever meant. It is the same as it ever was, there is unbroken continuity, why should I be out of mind because I am out of sight? I am waiting for you, somewhere very near just around the corner. All is well**

8 comments:

  1. Ryan,
    I know I was only introduced into this family a few years ago although I feel so very greatfull and inspired to have met you and have the pleasure of calling you my brother in law Ryan your strenth and courage has been the most amazing thing to see. I feel so blessed your nephue got the gift of meeting you Zach and I will tell him about all your funny jokes and what a smart ass you can be and all about our memories with you. We look forward to watching your boys grow and experience life and promise you we will always look over them as if they were are own. We love you, your whife and your beautifull boys with all our hearts. Love You

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ashley,

    I only met you guys a couple years ago, but from that first meeting at the campout I have nothing but fond memories of you guys. Ryan's humor, mixed with Randy's goofines sure made that a memorable campout with the group.

    I felt honored that Ryan trusted me enough to contact me last year to ask me about getting the newer Ford truck. I wish you the best.

    Tommy (YMMOT)

    ReplyDelete
  3. God give you all the peace that you need, and know that one day Ryan all of us will be there with you.. Praying for you all.. God is with you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Bob and Jami JenningsAugust 26, 2010 at 8:48 PM

    Ryan and Ashley,
    We admire your love for one another. You guys have shown such strength and love through this entire process. We want you both to know that we love you guys and your in our thoughts and prayers. We are so greatful for the time that we have spent with Ryan and got a chance to know what a wonderful person that he is. Always keep in touch and know that we are here for whatever you may need. Soon we will all be reunited again. Love you guys,
    Bob and Jami Jennings

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ryan; You are such an inspiration to me. Thank you for all your love, support, and comfort. I only hope that I returned that love and support to you. You are a champion my dear friend. Your legacy lives on. See you around the corner. Love to you, Anna

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ryan and Ashley,

    You are such an inspiration to us all. Every time I hear "Temporary Home" by Carrie Underwood, I think of you. We are all just passing through and will meet again some day. I wish you much peace with your journey. You are in my thoughts and prayers. Please let me know if you need anything at all. - Jeanie

    ReplyDelete
  7. Heaven is a much better place this evening with our friend Ryan there.

    ReplyDelete
  8. God saw you getting tired a cure was not to be. So he put his arms around you and whispered "Come to me." With tearful eyes we watched you, and saw you pass away. Although we loved you dearly, we could not make you stay. A golden heart stopped beating, caring hands at rest. God broke our hearts to prove to us, he only takes the best.
    We will miss you forever Ryan

    ReplyDelete